Blog

Carbon Monoxide Awareness

Solid fuels including wood are safe to burn if an appliance is installed, maintained and used correctly.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous gas. It is produced by incomplete burning of carbon based fuels. CO has no taste, smell or colour and can be present in the fumes (combustion products) of gas, oil solid mineral or biomass burning appliances.
Exposure to low levels of poisonous CO gas can cause permanent damage to your health and in extreme cases, if exposed to CO over a long period, can lead to brain damage and paralysis. Higher exposure is potentially fatal. Follow the link for more advice that could dramatically reduce the risk of Carbon monoxide poisoning.